Saturday, April 03, 2004

We thought we heard the Angels sing

I'm trying to clean it up right now, so if you're looking for a chapter, sorry, and come back tomorrow.

Update: WHEW!! Ho-kay. Everything is in order and this time the full chapters took. I can't get rid of italics in Chapters 13 through 15, but too bad for now. If you are looking for something to read, go the April 2003 archives, scroll past all the gardening stuff down to April 10. After that, you're on your own.

We Thought We Heard the Angels Sing is a book about being stuck in the Pacific Ocean for 21 days, with Eddie Rickenbacker and about 8 other people. They ran out of fuel and got lost in WWII. It's out of print.

It's really the reason I started this blog. It's too good a book, and too compelling a tale, to simply disappear into the mists of time. To prevent that, I've retyped and posted the whole darn thing. I'm sure it's full of typos etc, especially in chapters 10 on, where I started having weird blogspot trouble. Sorry. Perhaps the next time I feel like spending an entire Saturday in front of the computer, I'll do some correcting. In the meantime, you'll have to rough it. It would be helpful if you put needed corrections in the comments {like: paragraph 3, line 2, 'ahd' should probably be 'had'}

This is from the introduction:

. . . 14 hours SSW Oahu. May have overshot island. Hour's fuel."

Real life, real people. If you don't get a few chills reading it, you're just not human.

Enjoy!

No comments: