Friday, April 02, 2004

Misc.

Now is probably a good time to boycott MGM and United Artists.

Some Catholics are unhappy with Kerry's desecration of the Eucharist. I can't say I blame them. I find the Catholic Church's many rituals rather bewildering myself - they seem to have more criteria than Protestants for such participation. However, it's reasonable to expect that someone who claims to be a practising Catholic actually knows what and how Catholics are supposed to practise. It seems Kerry falls short of expected conduct.

Digression: BUT! At least in the Protestant churches I've been in, they only rarely tell you that you shouldn't take communion unless you've accepted the sacrifice of Jesus on a spiritual level. Sometimes they tell you after communion, but that's a little late for a visitor who's unfamiliar with the routine.

No comments: