Sunday, January 18, 2004

I want to blog about God but I'm a-scared. It's the weirdest thing, and not like me at all, but I had a strong urge to blog publicly about my path to and with God. I blame it on Serenity; that lady has been asking good, honest questions that deserve good, solid answers.

Well, I can be honest but goodness and solidity are often beyond my mortal ken. What if I say something about God here that's really stupid or smug? I don't want to turn anyone away from that path thru my own silliness, which I have in abundant supply.

I'm a mortal, fallible, finite human being. When such a one as myself connects with the immortal and infinite, how can I pretend to 'know-it-all?' How could that portion of Thee that connects with the mortal me be the same immortal portion connecting with another, different, mortal? Bits & pieces, sure, some experiences may coincide, but overall it's a very individual thing.

So I'll probably be God-blogging, but don't take my word for it. If you have questions about God, take them to God, first and last. Other mortals may provide a helpful guide, but we are fallible and will let you down. I will pray for the Holy Spirit to guide my fingers on the keyboard - do you pray also, to receive what God wants for you and to discard the nonsense.

That's all for now.

Cheers



No comments: