Friday, January 23, 2004

A Boon to the Lax!

The Friday Five - it's about as trivial and dull as can be, but I kinda like it. If nothing else, perusing the FF comment section introduces you to blogs you would not otherwise see.

Anywho:

At this moment, what is your favorite...

1. ...song?
Greensleeves aka What Child is This?. Whether it's done as a medieval troubador song about unrequited love, or a choral/orchestral song of holy praise, it haunts and soothes me. I've yet to hear a version I don't like.

2. ...food? Chocolate. Hands down, no contest. Don't even attempt to tell me chocolate isn't a food. People have died for less.

3. ...tv show? Last of the Summer Wine. As near as I can tell, this is shown only on the occassional local PBS station. It's about 3 old guys in a small village in Northern England with not much to do besides hang out and get into trouble. Love it. I'm using it as an inspiration to plan my retirement.

4. ...scent? hard one!! lavender, cinnamon, coffee, warm bread, lilacs!! There are lots of good scents in this world!

5. ...quote? "The beauty of the second amendment is that we won't need it until they try to take it away." attributed to Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to William somebody written in 18something. If anyone can point to the actual source, I would be tickled pink.


No comments: