Sunday, January 11, 2004

Good Read

The article How to Deconstruct Almost Anything is in Popdex's Top 100, so you may have already read it. If not, go now!!

I tip my hat to this person's patience and perseverance.

"People kept saying the most remarkable things using the most remarkable language, which I found I needed to put down in writing because the words would disappear from my brain within seconds if I didn't. Are you familiar with the experience of having memories of your dreams fade within a few minutes of waking? It was like that, and I think for much the same reason. Dreams have a logic and structure all their own, falling apart into unmemorable pieces that make no sense when subjected to the scrutiny of the conscious mind. So it was with many of the academics who got up to speak."

No comments: