Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Senator Bill Nelson (d, FL) and the AWB

"Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about the
expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban.

I support the constitutional right to bear arms. However, I also support efforts to reduce gun violence and promote firearms safety. As a member of Congress, I voted for banning assault weapons such as AK-47's. It is imperative that such firearms are kept out of the hands of felons. I will keep your thoughts and concerns in mind when the Senate debates the extension of the Assault Weapons Ban.

I appreciate you informing me about your views on this issue. Your communication is important as it helps me serve you better in the Senate."


But, Mr. Nelson, it's already illegal for felons to own any guns. Maybe we should just pass a law that says it's illegal for felons to break the law. That'll fix things!


No comments: