Friday, February 06, 2004

Proudly Prudish, Rejecting Eden

The Sewage Bowl is yesterday's news (ok, last week's news), but that's me, a day late and a dollar short. Anyway, it took me this long to settle down enough to post about it. I don't watch a lot of TV and I never watch football, but obviously I couldn't avoid hearing about Justin, Janet and jerks.

I never want to hear the following phrases again:

"I'm no prude, but . . . "

"lowest common denominator"

"I'm no prude, but . . . "
WHY aren't you a prude? What's wrong with being a prude? Say it loud, I'm a prude and I'm proud!! There are worse things, you know.

YES! I know the difference between good and evil, and I strive to choose, support and promote the former. I am not ashamed of this. I think a man who rips off a woman's shirt in private in bad enough; a man who does it in public is utterly beneath contempt. A woman who willingly allows this to happen should be quietly taken to the north 40 and shot for her own good - not to punish her, simply to put her out of her misery.

Fer cryin' out loud - if a Justin Timberlake fan is raped, does she bother to prosecute? Or does she not see anything wrong with it? If she does think that rape is a problem, why is she a Justin Timberlake fan? If Janet should be quietly shot, Justin should be slowly tortured and hung in a gibbet alive, for the crows to pick at his eyes and liver.

"lowest common denominator"
Horsefeathers. A common denominator is an element or subset shared by all parties. The half-time show presented by the Caligula Broadcasting Network did not appeal across-the-board, obviously. The acceptance of public sex, especially violent sex, is not common.


& then this utterly weird argument by some critter named 'Kimberland' on rightnation. First, that we are all prudes and overreacting. We should, by this creature's logic, be HAPPY to expose our children to the unacceptable so we can tell them it's unacceptable, but for some reason, it's wrong to actually DO anything about it. No kimberland you moron, once you start accepting the unacceptable, it becomes accepted. If behaviour is unacceptable, reject the behaviour.

Kimberland's utter, illogical, self-preening weirdness is not unique. It's repeated all over the Internet. As if people really do not know the difference between good and evil, right and wrong.

How does that bit in Genesis go? Taste of the apple, and know good and evil, and be as gods.

If not knowing the difference between good and evil is what makes Eden, I reject Eden. I will embrace my original sin, and discriminate, and rise above the mean things that crawl upon the earth. Mean things like Justin, Janet, CBS, MTV and the NFL.

Really, I cannot think of a better description for Justin Timberlake than a 'mean thing that crawls upon the earth.' If that's what you want, you can have it. But I warn you - it is indeed low, but it is most emphatically not a common denominator.

However, we CAN all get along. Here's the deal: fans of Justin Timberlake and his ilk will please identify themselves by wearing T-shirts that say "Justin TImberlake Fan. OK to rape." Rapists and other thugs can then identify victims that won't make a fuss. Timberlake fans have their entertainment, rapists have theirs, and I get left out of it.

Suits me fine.

Update: Instapundit points to The Smoking Gun, which has a copy of a class-action lawsuit filed against Jackson, Timberlake, CBS, Viacom, and MTV. Smoking Gun also has, of course, a picture of the boob showing her boob. We could have done without that picture, Mr. Gun.

I am sooooo pleased by this suit. Unfortunately, there is no legal fund to contribute to. But I hope it wins, and wins big time. ENOUGH!

No comments: