Thursday, July 10, 2003

WTWHTAS
Chap 11, part 2


The sun peeped over the rim and paused a second or two to leer at us. Then it bounded into the sky. The other fellows aroused in their rafts and stretched themselves weakly.


The morning water ration was handed around. An inch in the bottom of the flare shell. I notice the dole was growing smaller. I didn't care much at that writing. The water tasted like hell and only made me thirstier.


At the prayer service I reminded God of the miracle of the rain on the 13th day. I prayed as never before for rescue; not just for water or food, but to be picked up. Memory of the rain miracle seemed to bear me up. As the service closed with the Lord's prayer, which I often led now, something of my old fortitude had returned. I felt that rescue was coming. I prayed again that I might live to see it.


No comments: